Home Efficiency Group is seeking an additional tradesman in Hobart to assist with market growth in Southern Tasmania, particularly the installation of ducted systems and insulation, as well as assistance with the installation of heat pumps, solar systems, etc, in the Greater Hobart region.
Job Name: Tradesman - Thermal Efficiency Upgrades - Hobart (1 position)
Job Format: Hobart full time, working 8am to 4.30pm nominally, start ASAP. Hobart position can be temporary full-time or part-time if that suits the candidate. Some travel.
Suitable for: Carpenters, experienced and competent trade assistants, experienced handymen
Reporting to: HEG Hobart Manager
Locations: Moonah (southern Tas), with majority of work day spent onsite at customer residences. Some travel throughout the state may be required from time to time.
Remuneration Package: $24.24 per hour, plus superannuation. Upsell bonuses and company bonuses apply after initial period.
Position Description: The trade assistant position is a hands-on position, and involves technical installations of HEG products and working within a 2 or 3 person team. You will have responsibility for implementing the HEG thermal efficiency products and services to a high level of quality within residential dwellings. Some travel may be required, including overnight stays from time to time.
Classroom and on-the-job training is provided, and ongoing support is available by our experienced, long-term, internal team members. Installations are subject to quality inspections and feedback sessions to ensure adherence to standards and continuous improvement. HEG is a dynamic, young company (8.5 years) in a fast growth phase, and we consider our installation teams to be professional service technicians. Dropsheets and vacuum cleaners form part of our essential toolkits, and we encourage a relaxed, friendly and flexible work environment. Work outside 8am-4.30pm is sometimes required depending on customer requirements, or if travel is required.
- Manual Drivers License, C-class. Fully valid and operational for immediate use.
- Be able to ensure a professionally-executed, customer-focused outcome in conjunction with the team leader and team mates.
- Available for short term commencement.
- Experience in the construction industry (formal qualifications, apprenticeship, or equivalent trade experience).
- Fit, flexible and able... Position involves ladder, ceiling cavity and some roof work.
- Expertise with standard power tools.
- A friendly disposition and a great attitude towards life and work.
Thermal Efficiency Products
HEG products include Ducted Air Circulation Systems (with a variety of optional modules and varying configurations), ceiling insulation, underfloor insulation, roof work (install of roof cowls or roof ventilators, or lifting of sheets for access to a roof void), sub-floor vent installation and heat pump servicing. Also, assistance with solar energy installations and heat pump installs will be required from time to time.
- If this position sounds enticing, then please email Adam Hirst, Director, at email@example.com with the following: